Monday, March 30, 2009

Photography and Me

I'm no photo guru, but I'm quick to learn what the nuts and bolts of photography is all about. I like the idea that you can take a picture and then manipulate it to where it becomes an even better picture than when you took it. Now, my daughter who is 14 taught herself Photoshop v.7 about a few years ago. She zips in and out of tutorials like you wouldn't believe. Although she's short-patiented when it comes to showing me some of the techniques because I get frustrated easily if I can't get it the first time around, so she just sends me the links on where to go.

The latest I learned all by myself is tilt-shifting. Who knew that I could get it in a snap? And using v.7, too. This pushed me to get all sorts of things for my camera, plus I decided why have a camera and do nothing with it? Plus, why should professional photographers have all the fun.

Ok, so I am getting ready to release my compilation of photos, a book called, "A Look Through the Camera Lens." Pictures I've taken with three -- well, four -- different cameras since 2004. Most likely it'll be published through a resource I know called lulu.com...really great online publishing. So, stay tuned for that!

Anyway, thank you to those who were kind of enough to share tips and web site links with me. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment